- Why ERM
- Government Services
- IT Security
- ISO 27000 Information Security Standards
- On-Demand Network Vulnerability Scanning
- Wireless Network Design and Security Implementation
- Information Security Design and Implementation
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Penetration Testing
- Security Breach Investigation and Remediation
- Business Continuity Planning
- IT Security Policies and Procedures Design
- Information Technology Security Training
- LogWatch – IT Security Log Analysis
- Wireless Network Security Assessment
- SCADA Industrial Control System Security
- Threat Assessment Scorecard
- Information Armor Dashboard
- Risk Management
- Forensic Services
- IT Audit Services
- Regulatory Compliance
- Bank Secrecy Act – BSA Compliance
- Gramm Leach Bliley Act – GLBA Compliance
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act
- Sarbanes Oxley Act Compliance
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act – HIPAA Compliance
- HITECH Act Compliance
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act – FERPA Compliance
- Payment Card Industry – PCI Compliance
- Payment Application DSS – PA-DSS Compliance
- Pandemic Flu Prevention
- Federal Information Security Management Act – FISMA Compliance
- Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program - FedRAMP
- Attestation Services
- Online Training
- Industries & Experience
- CyberSecurity Academy
- News And Events
- Contact Us
Application And System Implementation Reviews
Stay Up-To-Date On The Latest IT Security Advances
Application and system implementation reviews are important, since staying on top of new technological advances is essential to remaining competitive and stimulating growth. Organizations rely upon computer applications and systems for their Business Processes. But the use of these applications and systems introduces several risks that may manifest in the form of loss of data confidentiality, integrity, or availability, increased financial burden or a dip in performance. Without an IT system audit, some of the common risks associated with automated applications are:
- Weak Security
- Unauthorized Access and Remote Access
- Inaccurate Information
- Incomplete or Untimely Processing
- Inadequate Training and Support
IT system audits prove the need for different controls and higher levels of data security. ERM can help your organization mitigate the risks related to the development of new and enhanced application systems, as well as those in the light of existing applications. Our consultants have worked with clients over the years to provide high-quality services for applications and systems developed in-house, as well as for external software products.
Web Application Reviews
As the complexity and seriousness of software threats continues to evolve and affect organizations and their consumers, system implementation reviews are needed as web applications are an attractive target for hackers and criminals to commit fraud and other illegal activities. Web applications are exposed to more risk compared to other applications, since they are freely available 24 hours a day, as a part of their functionality. Therefore, IT system audits are essential. Additionally, web applications are one of the principal communication channels between an organization and its customers. This channel is effective only after organizations have established a trustworthy relationship with the client and a credible reputation. These objectives cannot be achieved when there have been no system audits, and when security stands on shaky ground.
Organizations need system implementation reviews in order to integrate security into the development phase of their applications. If security is retro-fitted after the application is fully developed, the time and cost involved will leave the organization to deal with heartache.
ERM can assist your organization with the design, implementation, and testing of your web application(s). Our services include web application hacking testing (“black box testing”), web application reviews, and full code reviews. Black box testing is a technique where the workings of the system being tested are not known by the person who is testing it. Since the tester is not the designer, the test is rendered to be unbiased.
Pre-System Implementation Reviews
ERM can help address various risks associated with a system’s development life cycle. Specifically, Pre-System Implementation Reviews cover the evaluation of project management practices, design of control structures and security requirements, participation during IT system testing, validity of data conversion, audit of system interfaces, and general controls surrounding new or modified systems. Such implementation reviews provide a cost-effective approach to the enhancement of controls and security of the applications before systems are implemented into a production environment.
Post-System Implementation Reviews
Through system implementation reviews, ERM can also help address risks associated with new and modified systems that are already being used in a production environment. These IT system audits ensure that systems are operating as intended, meeting expected business objectives, and that the security and general controls surrounding the applications are adequate.
Click below to start the conversation about high-quality applications implementation and reviews to mitigate the risks associated with new and enhanced systems.